Tuesday, September 18, 2007

POY Contender - Biddy McIntee

The best all around player in the league right now is Biddy McIntee. I know, I know... no big news, but it is quite impressive so far.

The El Paso CF currently leads the league in runs created, RBI, and stolen bases, and sits 2nd in hits, 3rd in average, and 4th in slugging and runs scored.

After spurning the Borderhounds' offer of an 8-year FP deal, McIntee is looking to blow his arbitration value through the roof.

"I knew the [FP] deal wasn't right just yet," said McIntee in an offseason interview. "I'm planning on staying in El Paso, but wanted another shot to prove my worth."

That being said, wherever the 62/62/86 superstar ends up, he plans on being a force with his bat and his speed.

"I enjoy making things happen," McIntee grinned. "If I can go out and cause havoc on the basepaths, or hit a double into the gap, or bang out a 3-run homer, I'm going to do whatever I can to make this team better."

El Paso currently sits at 8-8, 5 games back of red hot Mobile.

Look for more player/team profiles to come.

No comments: